Chelton Brown have an exciting opportunity for a Accounts Administrator to join their team.
Depending on Experience
8:30am – 5:30 pm Monday to Friday with 1 hour unpaid lunch
20 days holiday plus bank holidays
Chelton Brown is a family run independent lettings and sales agency established in Northamptonshire since 1975. Their head office is in Northampton and they have a further Branch Office in Daventry and combined they manage approximately 1400 properties! Staff enjoy a friendly working environment whilst giving the highest level of customer service at all times.
Accounts Administrator – Key Responsibilities:
- Download and reconcile banking transactions from the previous day which includes PDQ entries, cash, standing orders, direct debits, BACS payments and cheques
- Cash received in the office should be banked on the same day
- Prepare landlords payments 3 x week (Mon. Wed, Fri). Check that the payments to be made are correct and modify where necessary
- Pay Contactors/Utility Bills
- Issue arrears letters – 7, 14 & 21 days, issue section 8 & 21 notices and check on the previous weeks activity to ensure that the outstanding balances are being effectively collected, following up with telephone calls where necessary
- Take rent payments over the phone (Virtual Terminal)
- Process new move-ins on a daily basis
- Register the deposits with relevant schemes
- Ensure that all deposit refunds have been returned within prescribed time limits
- De-register the deposits
- Rent Protection - Claims and renewals
- Monthly deposit reconciliation
- End of the month bank rec
- Quarterly overseas LL tax return
- Monthly Portfolio reports
Accounts Administrator – You:
- Industry knowledge and experience in both lettings and block management would be a huge advantage
- A strong property manager with good data entry skills would also be a possibility as full training will be given
- Experience using Reapit, although most industry packages are similar, would again be an advantage.
- Experience of using Office 365
Accounts Administrator – Benefits:
- 20 Days holiday
- Cash health scheme which we pay the basic level for all staff members and successful completion of probationary period (12 weeks)
- Various bonus incentive schemes for hitting targets and £50 per quarter for those that don’t take unscheduled leave
Salary depending on experience
To submit your CV for this exciting Accounts Administrator opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now!
To apply send you CV with a covering letter to email@example.com