Before you move in
Do I meet the criteria?
To view/secure any of our properties you must match the criteria below:
- Be in either full time permanent employment, self-employed more than a year with tax return to prove income, a fixed term contract longer than the duration of the tenancy or with an agency more than a year.
- Meet the affordability criteria which is 30 x the rent made up by the household.
- No adverse credit history in the last 6 years.
- Must be over 18 years of age.
How To Secure A Property For Rent
- Photo ID i.e. Passport, Drivers Licence, Residents Permit
- Supply us with employer details so our reference company can obtain a reference.
- Supply us with previous landlord details so our reference company can obtain a reference.
- Provide the last 3 months pay slips and employer contact.
Every tenant over the age of 18, entering one of our properties must be referenced to ensure they can meet our criteria e.g. affordability of the rent. Once the application paperwork has been completed and the relevant documentation proof provided the referencing process will be initiated.
All of our references are done by a company called Lettings Hub Direct. The reference procedure will look at the following:
- A Credit Assessment
- Employment History
- Proof of Residence
A damage deposit is taken to protect the landlord from damage to the property which falls outside of normal wear and tear. The money is taken at the beginning of the tenancy and registered with the Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS) for your protection. The money is fully refundable, however should there be disputes upon the final inspection that cannot be rectified it can be taken to The Dispute Service. The Dispute Service is a mutual party and will look at all evidence before deciding what amount will be deductible, if any, to the landlord.
Lost Key(s) or other Security Device(s)
Tenants are liable for the cost of replacing any lost key(s) or other security device(s). If the loss results in locks needing to be changed, the cost of locksmith, new lock and replacement keys for the tenant, landlord any other persons requiring keys will be charged to the tenant. If extra costs are incurred there will be a charge of £15 per hour (inc. VAT) for the time taken replacing lost key(s) or other security device(s).